my maternal grandmother rented

My maternal grandmother died with dementia and returning breast cancer.

She was a renter for my whole life. She lived in her house my whole life, and I only remembered that she was renting the house when she couldn't live there by herself anymore. She outlived both her landlords, but her dementia was too far gone by that time. The landlord's children took over their estate and were fine with her living in the house for as long as she could. I think they stopped charging her rent, or someone else is paying it and it was never brought up.

I don't understand why she never bought the house, or bought a house of her own. She was a retired teacher, and back then retired teachers were treated with value, so she could have bought the house or a different house.

She didn't have any money when she died. She left everyone in an even worse position. Where I'm from mutual aid isn't, or wasn't much of a thing so the adults just suffered with it.

Comments

Popular Posts