dating in 2023?

Okay, there's this guy like and I might ask him out when I get into a different situation.

On the other hand, he's a heterosexual cisgender white male. I know. I know what I said. But I've actually known this guy for a while, so I don't think he'll brutally murder me in my sleep.

It's just... Y'all know me. You've been seeing me for years constantly and need of help with money, housing, rides, and employment. Even though I've made up for some of it with my own mutual aid organizing 

(for those of you who are unfamiliar, I funnel funds to encampment and Sheridan volunteers in 2020, did power packs to the people in 2021 and 2022, and Aid Cab in 2022. I'm now offering social gender affirming care support in 2023) 

I don't really feel like I have anything to offer in terms of a relationship. At the same time, that might be me absorbing and regurgitating how social status is constantly throwing and all of our faces as a society. I've never been in a serious relationship, so I'm not really sure what I have to offer. 

One of my friends that said that I'm a great company to be around and I shouldn't have to worry about what I have to offer in a relationship because what I have to offer is myself.

I don't know how long it's going to take me to chew on that, but at this point in my 30s I'm very used to rejection. Not just being rejected, but also rejecting others. A lot of the people that approach me are cisgender men looking for casual sex, and I'm not available to put myself in a situation where I might get pregnant. Moreso, with some random person. All of the time I get rejected it's by somebody with stable housing, a job, a car, and a stable reputation. 

I have the stable reputation covered. Never really been good about those other things. Don't want a car, in general. I have been pushed out of what our capitalist society has established as basic needs and a social structure, while not providing people with this basic needs.

All that aside, I am considering how if I fallen forget another white cisgender heterosexual man I should probably start dating within my own community. It's definitely an environmental thing. I'm going to be attracted to those people because those are the people that are usually around me. 

When I had housing in the job I got on dating apps, and I got a few dates, but nothing lasting, not even a friendship. I'm very dissuaded from dating online because of that, but nothing tragic happened so I could try again.






Comments

Popular Posts