the one whoopin

Hitting your child is a lazy parenting 

I say this as a kid that got whoopins

One whooping stands out particularly to me. 

My godmother who me with a switch. She whooped me because she was mad that I took someone's offer for a piece of their Subway sandwich at church, because it made it look like she doesn't feed me. 

She whooped me and then she explained why. She put her hands on a child for eating food. And we went back to church with those same people continuously, and no one ever said anything about it or had any doubts of how I was being fed or treated. 

She could have explained that without hitting me. She also projected ill-intent onto a child. 

Imagine hitting a child because the child eating food makes you look bad. 

Growing up is realizing I was raised by a bunch of bitch ass bullies that beat defenseless children.

Comments

Popular Posts