being calling racist by a na again

In light of yet another Native American calling me racist, I'm going to repeat the same message that I repeat every time this happens.

The only people that have called me racist for setting boundaries have been white people and Native americans, and it's speaking the exact volumes it sounds like.

In my experience, Native Americans come into black spaces start playing the oppression Olympics as to why they're entitled to be there and then when we eject them we get called racist. Side note: that's the same thing cisgender queer white people do.

How I handle that, and I am speaking for myself, is that I've decided that I am going to continue to work with Native Americans, but the second that bullshit starts they will be ejected from my space and that bridge will be burned. 

I don't lose anything from not connecting with Native americans. I have spent a small fraction of my life doing so starting in 2021, and it will likely cease when I leave minneapolis and go somewhere with less of a Native American population. If calling me racist makes that person feel better about me having to drop the boundaries hammer on them, they will be calling me racist on the other side of the door and it will not change anything for me.

Comments

Popular Posts