make kindness contagious

I ended up in Yuma arizona, and as I left last night, there was a woman that needed to take my bed because it was on the bottom bunk. She just had a c-section, which I don't appreciate the shelter staff telling me right off the bat. I knew more about her before I even knew her name. I left her my can of soup, because of course she passed out from exhaustion. I didn't want her to worry about what to eat when she woke up. I hope that soup will Aid her in the trials ahead.

Even though it resulted in me not having food later, I know what I have. I have food stamps and I have people that are willing to send me money. I don't know what she has, but I did make some assumptions based on how she just had a C-section and got sent straight to the shelter.

I know this sounds like humble bragging, but no matter how you interpret it please also add this in. There's a big attitude that it's bad to make assumptions, but if the assumptions are made for the sake of a person's betterment or aid, please make them. 

I don't know if that lady eats lentil soup. I do know it was the best decision on what to give her because lentils fits in with a multitude of diets. It could be outside of her preference, she could be allergic. I don't know. But I assumed something for her betterment, and even if she can't eat it maybe she'll appreciate the effort. And she'll take that, and pass it along to someone else. Let's make kindness contagious.

Comments

Popular Posts