A white woman ran for me


I already knew 2021 was not going to be the year for me with white women for the most part. I got a clear reminder of that when I was offering literature to a white woman and she ran from me like I was chasing her. We were already various feet away and she was with two other people. So it was really awkward of her to run. All three of her friends looked at us like we were freaks for occupying space in uptown where two people were murdered and radicalizing the space, but her running really stung me.

The rest of the day went on with some unexpected turns but ultimately okay. I really didn't know how much that white woman treating me like an angry aggressive black person hit me until later that day some affluent white people started a conversation about defunding the police and some white people felt it was important to speak on behalf of black people. There's some white people that are very much into using us as their mouthpiece and a scapegoat but don't want anything to do with us as displayed on that day.

Comments

Popular Posts