Uuaga and systemic racism


I attended virtual Unitarian universalist association general Assembly 2021! It was overall a great time but the ignorant upper class white diet racism came out towards the end of the convention. Not a lot of people know this but Unitarian universalism is rooted in anti blackness. The unitarians in the universalists were two separate groups and one of those groups involved black farmers. After they merged, the black farmers were made to feel uncomfortable and were ultimately given the boot by the upper class white people and the white people continued to run Unitarian universalism without the black farmers. Unitarian universalism was a long-standing religion of affluent white people, and that has only recently changed with our standards for economic and educational status today. 

Today, these old influent white people want to talk about how they don't want to defund the police and using the respected covenant as a shield. There's nothing in the covenant about expressing anger. It's only an appropriate to personally attack someone, and I let those white folks have it without personally attacking anyone. There are a lot of Unitarian universalists that don't know the anti-black Unitarian universalist roots, so on the path of being a part of the covenant of assuming good intent I educated people with the light synopsis that I gave here. 

I called out SOME white folks on how they undermine the importance of critical race theory and want to be against defunding the police but have no interest in the conversation of the 8th principal, reparations, and we're radio silent on the issue of over 700 unmarked Graves of residential schools (which is a nice way of saying concentration camps) of native Canadian children. 

I did networking in fundraising all over the course of ga, and I feel like I made three major links in networking boost, but I only made $300 over my 4 days of fundraising, so on the 5th day I didn't care anymore. That's how I know SOME OF THEM are not interested in reparations and mutual aid. Not to discount any of them that contribute to any local funds where the money goes into their community. And certainly nothing against anyone who's out here doing the work. But I know that people who are silent about critical race theory and have no respect for the movement to defund dismantle and abolish the police are the ones that are way less likely to be doing any of the work.

Comments

Popular Posts