leaving...

To back up, my housemates have been awful communicators. Everything that can go wrong with communication has gone wrong. It's led to Major misunderstandings over very small things. I know I'm a great communicator, so I know that I am not the problem here. I'm nowhere near the problem. It's them, and I have decided to leave them.

on top of all the things that have happened, the final drop of blood fell on an email that I sent to someone else a few months ago. I'll admit that I was overly dramatic, and I probably shouldn't have sent it to everyone, but I did what I thought was right at the time. there's a list of reasons as to why I was upset in the first place, but the headline reason was that I felt like the person involved was trying to play the oppression Olympics about something that was very minimal and frivolous. I have long since apologized directly to the person or that email and explained myself. But yesterday, it was brought up under a completely unrelated contacts. I feel like they're interested in hanging that email over my head, and now that mistake has characterized me and justified any sort of treatment towards me.

I've been trying to reach out to communicate to my other housemates for weeks, only to be ignored and avoided. The communication here has been a klusterfuk of bring up things in mix context, gaslighting, dismissal, avoidance, changing the subject, and all kinds of shit. I've been putting up with that, but I'm not going to put up with people hanging stuff over my head.

the plan is to not only the house, but to leave Minnesota. I'm going to try to get a ride so I can take my bike, because Putting the bike on the buses to hassle. If I can't find a ride, I'll have to give the bike away. I hope it doesn't come to that. But it's become clear that I can't do this anymore.

Comments

Popular Posts