Ending friendships

I just had another break up. I'm used to relationships just fading into obscurity because people don't want to put in the effort and commitment to maintain long distance relationships. I've officially broken off quite a few friendships since I've been here. it's one thing to do it when you're a teenager and it's okay to be on again off again because you're mature, but it's definitely another thing to do it with permanency as an adult.

ending relationships is hard, and formally addressing it is harder, but I feel like it has to be done. I'm not one for obscurity, fogginess, or confusion. Things work better in my life when situations are clearly communicated. 

what happened in this particular situation is that the person called me and consider it. I do believe it was a misunderstanding because we were communicating across emails. I decided to end the friendship because I don't really understand what I did wrong... Or maybe my Boombastic nature had finally over tip the annoyance scale over time. but I still don't really understand what I did wrong in that particular situation. So it's best to just ended instead of continuing to offend someone I care about.

there's no reason for me to hate this person, so I offered an acquaintanceship, and if we see each other in person they are to take the first move on interacting with me, and I would accept it. Otherwise, we're keeping an acquaintanceship distance. I'm not subscribed to all relationships ending having to be bad. I feel like people that do that have something toxic going on within themselves. I know I complain a lot and I can go on quite a rant in a tangent, but I know that as long as I'm not like that the person that I strive to be when I'm old and wise is intact.

It said, but change is necessary, natural, and inevitable. 

Comments

Popular Posts