reopening Minnesota

Governor Tim has decided to reopen the state soon, which means the eviction moratorium will be lifted. There are currently a lot of protest planned for anti-eviction and rent control efforts due to this. They're already going on, but they're definitely ramping up because the eviction moratorium was on residential evictions, so this means that more people will be getting evicted.

Now that it's confirmed, I definitely feel great about everything that's happened, because the petitioner and her husband were only able to run me out of the house a month before the eviction moratorium. All that money and energy that went into criminalizing me when they could have waited and evicted me normally. People don't know this about harassment restraining orders, but they don't do much outside of the state they were made in. When I leave Minnesota, all that was for nothing. When it expires, I'll get it off my record if it causes me to trouble.

It may never stop puzzling me how hard this person work to victimize themselves to do effectively nothing when they could have resolved the issue, just to say they are a victim. That's also the part of our white supremacist system that enables this white victim hood mentality, though. Since when does anti-black racism have to make sense?

Comments

Popular Posts