what happened in court

What happened in court was atrocious. It's obviously not made for black and brown people. The petitioner got to sit and victimize herself for over an hour, and I only got 30 to 40 minutes to talk and I wasn't able to present any of my evidence. The court completely disregarded the damage that the petitioner has done to me and how she was a neglectful landlord in serving her the harassment restraining order. 

She put on her best upper middle class white female professional victim that can afford an attorney up against a poor black person that's been long-term unemployed. The judge was also an upper class white female, so I had my doubts, and my doubts were confirmed. When we say "the whole damn system is guilty as hell", we mean the whole system, including this.

Comments

Popular Posts