4 days on anti-anxiety meds!

I got anti-anxiety pills on thursday, due to something going on in my stomach Wednesday night. As I was getting ready to go to bed, something in my stomach made a sound like a shampoo bottle was getting emptied out and then a warm sensation spread through my lower abdomen. Not painful, but uncomfortable. I stayed awake worrying about it to monitor if I felt any other pain and eventually went to sleep at about 3:00 a.m. I woke up early enough to be one of the first call and patients and got a phone appointment with a doctor.

The doctor suggested taking times, and I asked the doctor for something prescription so my insurance will pay for it because I don't have any money, right now. The doctor was very receptive to this and asked about my anxiety. At my clinic, there's a depression survey with every visit. And my 5 years of going to this clinic that was my first anxiety survey. I told the doctor right off the bat that my anxiety was through the roof when the conversation started and I definitely knocked that survey out of the park! 

The doctor was very comfortable prescribing me these meds because she expressed that they go very well with the therapy that I'm already taking. I'm 4 days into it - twice a day for 7 days then three times a day after that. I have a follow-up appointment with the doctor after a month.

Things are so far so good, and I'm looking forward to it!

Comments

Popular Posts