camping the canceled

Cam and I went camping this weekend! Unfortunately, the show we were going to got canceled because the host was best friend to the person who was killed at Nudieland and their memorial was that day. We saw the flyer on paper, so we didn't get the notice that it was canceled.

This is what it was like going to punk house shows in the '80s before social media. Driving all the way out to bumfuck wherever, for the show to be canceled due to extenuating circumstances. Definitely not mad about it. Anytime spit with my sweetie is valuable! We sleath car camped for one night since we didn't know what to do and all the hotels were expensive and full, and we looked for campsites but they were all full so we came back the following day and sweetie spent the night with me. 

For as much impact that August death is having on the community, I don't doubt I've met this person before. I just don't remember where, because I see a lot of faces. Now that this is in our community, we need to figure out what to do about it. We shouldn't blend in with the rest of society and normalizing this violence. Our government has abandoned us to leave us to our own devices on how to handle this issue. What are we going to do about it?


Comments

Popular Posts