the proof is in the pudding

What I can prove:

The other housemates ignored me.

They consciously decided not to get a new housemate.

The new person that is renting the space knows that their former housemate was the mediator or moderator for our situation.

They wanted the person that they picked to intervene on the situation to do the job of telling me that they didn't want me to leave here anymore.

The lead housemate did their best to try to get me out of here in a hurry during a pandemic and shelter in place. And, those places would have left me in an uncertain  position in May.

What I can't prove:

They deliberately didn't want to pick a new housemate, so no one else would be able to witness how they were treating me.

One housemate is a deflector for the lead housemate. I overheard a conversation, but it's not record. 

The new person that they picked was a way to send a message to the mediator or moderator that refused to tell me that they don't want me to live anymore on their behalf that they are no longer welcome here. Backstory: the person that moved in here ended their residency with our moderator or mediator on bad terms. Of course it's not directly telling the person that they're no longer welcome here, but it's very intentional bad vibes.

I may not be able to prove that they didn't get a new housemate because they didn't want someone else to witness how I was being treated, but there's no getting around how they start looking for a new housemate when the plan of my leaving came up. "Maybe they just want to live with one other person" could be argued, but past experience dictates otherwise. And it was a verbal conversation about this, but I can't prove verbal conversations.

May be proven: The other 2 housemates have been more responsive and quiet since I started making it known that I'm  cc'ing and bcc'ing other people into our email conversation.

~

Now I've realized my power and how I'm also in control of who sees what.

I have declared that all of our important conversations happen over email, and anything other than that is a violation of safety precautions and measures I've made it clear that I want everything in writing so I can prove anything that happens. And now I'm living in other people in real time. Late , but better late than never.  And it definitely works for me in the situation I'm in now. And pulling this rabbit out of the hat any sooner might have been too soon. It might have got me staying upstairs instead of being able to come back down to the basement - where I'm happier. I still have all the old emails saved, so if I ever need to pull those out I can.

Things have changed and turned around and I'm happy for that. I'm happy to be in Minnesota, where I have a certain set of tenants rights. In another state, they would have been able to kick me out. 

Minnesota is strict about who is and isn't a landlord, because that's another set of taxes. I'm starting to think that the leading housemate didn't fill out any official landlord paperwork and they've been charging people rent to live here illegally. I can't prove that, personally, but there is proof of that somewhere in existence. Either the paperwork is filled out or isn't. It would take special circumstances to get that proof, but it's far from impossible.

A variety of situations that worked out for me to be in a good place during this pandemic. The universe definitely saw this coming and set me up properly. The various Alternatives of how I could have ended up during these hectic times are wild, and this is one of the better outcomes. I may not like the people that I'm with, but they are far from important now. 

I'm disappointed in Disturbed that they couldn't even drop their pettiness for a pandemic oh, but I'm definitely laughing at how things didn't work out and now they have this completely other hectic person that they have to deal with now, because they tried to push so hard to get me out.

I'm just going to sit back in my little cold and enjoy the show.





Comments

Popular Posts