oh, we addressing the microaggressions!

The training continues. Full message I just sent both my live in landlords:

So what I've just observed is people seem to have a problem when I'm in the common areas. I don't think I'm doing anything differently than anyone else has been doing in the common areas, but when I'm there I get passive aggressive huffing and puffing and slamming things. There's oftentimes a whole lot of movement that I hear upstairs, but when I come upstairs suddenly a lot of that movement stops - but I'm sure those are two separate issues.

I don't do anything extra when anyone else is in the common areas. I give people their personal space, and I don't do any extra huffing and puffing or slamming or anything like that. I request that I be treated with the same dignity respect as jacqueline, izzy, heidi, Anna, and all other past residences and contributors and participators in the space. I haven't done anything differently, and I don't feel as though I've done anything to deserve more or less. I don't do anything different from what Sarah has been doing - hanging out, having phone conversations, listening to music, all that stuff. So, I request to be treated the same.

I proclaim that I am not any of the people who gave you your deep seeded trauma, and I request that I don't be treated as such. Please leave me out of your deep seeded issues.

Thank you.

~

Unrelated to that: since I didn't hear back from either of you about the vacuum, I ordered the vacuum bags and filters.

Comments

Popular Posts