a lot of waiting but the payoff is dinner!

I was the most advanced person in my class today, which meant absolutely nothing but waste of time and a lot of waiting. I went in in the morning, and I really could have waited to come in at 12 or something. it was more set up for people who don't already have resumes and aren't that computer literate. As someone who is very literate and already has a resume, it was mostly waste of time for me to be there.

We were doing resumes and legal and illegal interview questions and stuff like that. but for a work readiness program, they really wanted to skirt around covering manipulative employers, and that's a huge issue in any area, but I've seen it the worst here in Minneapolis Minnesota. one thing I've spotted a lot of employers do here is trying to blur the line between work and personal, by trying to peer pressure employees into going out to bars with their bosses. Of course, people like me don't fall for it. But minnesotans are way too... I don't even know. they'll do it despite knowing it's a bad idea, for the sake of social graces.

I lost my resource for free toilet paper and paper towels. it was the one way I could think of to make back my lost wages, but being banned from a local place is only three locations isn't that big a deal. I'll figure something else out. if the place hasn't changed since I left, it's gotten worse, so they'll have zero locations in due time. 

I also heard that my last former boss from that job is pregnant, by one of the leading scumbags in the company. I hope they have octuplets and the reproductive and digestive organs are destroyed and I hope they're all female children that are especially complicated and ruin their lives. It's what's deserved.

I had a little time to fill between class and dinner, and dinner was awesome! I hung out with friends, so someone I haven't seen in awhile, and met new people! There was a bumping DJ, spinning some slick family-friendly tracks! Thankfully no Christmas music! And the food was delicious as always! And we had a quick holistic guide. We made list of things that we could do better, and things that we could stop doing. And we learned how to breathe through a lower chakra or something? And we learn how to massage your own necks with pressure. we can stay for the tea, but it involved, which gives me a headache, so I'm better off without it. I was glad to attend, because it was the last one of the year. 




Comments

Popular Posts